Welcome to the CSA conference!
We would like to invite you to the Cognitive Science Arena (CSA).
Our aim is to set a conference where young researchers can present their work in a friendly and cooperative environment with the audience challenging him/her in a fruitful debate. The goal of CSA is to provide a competent and useful “boot camp” for anyone how would like to a) practice the skills of giving a talk or discussing a poster, and b) develop his/her research based on suggestions from the audience. Along this line, highly innovative research ideas are encouraged as well as "in progress" research.
The key-ideas of the CSA are the following:
- young speakers only (doctoral and post-doctoral students, researchers with a fixed-term contract);
- long time for talks and discussion (30 minutes for each presentation: half time for speech, the rest for discussion);
- dedicated time for each poster presented at the conference;
- in progress and high-risk research are welcome;
- several anonymous reviewers: at the end of each talk and poster, attendees can write their comments, criticisms and suggestions to the speaker. Comments will be delivered to the speaker to provide him/her with a personal feedback.
New this year: Poster Session!
Starting from this edition, due to high demand, we are going to introduce the "You will never talk alone" poster-session. The poster session will be organized in order to provide attention and feedback to each poster. The best poster will receive a certificate and a monetary award.
New this year: Travel grants!
This year we can offer a small number of travel grants (consisting of 100 euro). These grants will be awarded to participants (either presenting an abstract, or not presenting anything) that are coming from a place distant from Brixen at least 700 km (for participants from Italy) or 150 km (from outside Italy). If you are eligible for a travel grant, please register filling in the form not later than January the 5th, 2015. Selections will be made by the Scientific Committee on the basis of the (limited) budget, and will be notified to recipients not earlier than January, the 15th.
The conference will be held in Brixen-Bressanone (Italy) in February 6-7th, 2015 at the Faculty of Education, Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, viale Ratisbona 16, in Brixen-Bressanone (BZ, Italy). How to get there?